The Three Suns A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas CD
- The Instrumental Trio The Three Suns Had a Career That Spanned Three Decades and Were Among the Most Popular Acts of the ‘40s and ‘50s
- Recorded for RCA’s Famed Living Stereo Series, Their 1959 Album A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas Is One of the Most Entertaining and Wacky Christmas Albums of the Era
- Rock and Roll Guitar and Instrumentation Ranging from Chimes to Bells to Oboes to Two Tubas Make This Album a Christmas Music Cult Classic
- Liner Notes by Joe Marchese with Added Photos
- Remastered by Maria Triana at Battery Studios in NYC
- Worldwide CD Debut!
The Three Suns: A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas. CD
The instrumental trio The Three Suns had been around for about two decades, capturing fans as far-ranging as First Lady Mamie Eisenhower and the Platters (who took their “Twilight Time” to the top of the charts), when they cut this record for RCA’s famed Living Stereo series in 1959. And, no doubt inspired by the new-fangled recording technology in RCA’s Studio A, they turned in one of the most wacky and entertaining Christmas albums of the era, adding rock and roll guitar and instrumentation as varied as chimes, bells, oboes and two (!) tubas to create a Space Age stereophonic spectacular suitable for the Jetsons’ next holiday party. This record’s long been cherished by Christmas music devotees, and our Real Gone worldwide CD debut reissue features a sparkling remastering job by Maria Triana at Sony’s Battery Studios and liner notes by Joe Marchese. Every bit as fizzy as the champagne you’re going to open to toast the season!
1. Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town
2. Skater’s Waltz
3. The Chipmunk Song
4. White Christmas
5. Ding Dong Dandy Christmas
6. The Christmas Song
7. Russian Sleigh Song
8. Jingle Bells
9. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
11. Jingle Bell Rock
12. Sleigh Ride
13. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
14. Winter Wonderland