My Best Friend's Wedding Soundtrack LP
You're invited to the first vinyl release of the soundtrack to the classic rom-com My Best Friend’s Wedding! This 1997 film brilliantly brought the genre into the modern age with Julia Roberts as a hellbent wedding wrecker and Rupert Everett as her gay best friend and reluctant co-conspirator. And the film's soundtrack went Top 20 on the U.S. charts with a heavy dose of Burt Bacharach-Hal David songs featuring both original (Jackie DeShannon's "What the World Needs Now Is Love") and more contemporary takes (Ani DiFranco's "Wishin' and Hopin';" Mary Chapin Carpenter's "I'll Never Fall in Love Again"). And, of course, everybody joins in for a roof-raising "I Say a Little Prayer!" We've crafted a jacket and an inner sleeve boasting production stills for the film to hold a black-and-white "tuxedo" vinyl pressing.
1. I Say a Little Prayer - Diane King
2. Wishin' and Hopin' - Ani DiFranco
3. You Don't Know Me - Jann Arden
4. Tell Him - The Exciters
5. I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself - Nicky Holland
6. I'll Be Okay - Amanda Marshall
1. The Way You Look Tonight - Tony Bennett
2. What the World Needs Now Is Love - Jackie DeShannon
3. I'll Never Fall in Love Again - Mary Chapin Carpenter
4. If You Wanna Be Happy - Jimmy Soul
5. I Say a Little Prayer - The Cast of "My Best Friend's Wedding"
6. Suite from "My Best Friend's Wedding" - James Newton Howard